Chewy Tubes are innovative oral motor devices designed to provide a resilient, non-food, chewable surface for practicing biting and chewing skills. Chewy Tubes have been designed to be used with the new Jaw Rehabilitation Program, a patented methodology offered by Speech Pathology Associates, LLC to develop jaw motion for biting and chewing skills.
- Chewy Tubes offer a safe, non-toxic surface for developing biting and chewing skills. Chewy Tubes are latex-free and lead-free. In addition, they do not contain PVC or phthalates.
- Chewy Tubes are available in 4 fun and attractive colours. Yellow Chewy Tubes offer a smaller stem size for chewing while Red Chewy Tubes offer a slightly wider stem size. Chewy Tubes colours are all FDA compliant and CE marked.
Chewy Tubes are offered to children and adults as a safe and effective tool for practising biting and chewing skills.
- Therapists may select Chewy Tubes for use in treatment of individuals who are developing initial oral motor skills, or rehabilitating the jaw after surgery, trauma or stroke.
- Youngsters seeking additional proprioceptive input into the jaw may also like biting on Chewy Tubes.
Children with autism require professional supervision when using Chewy Tubes.
NOTE: Chewy Tubes are not recommended for use with children under 7 months of age.
Chewy Tubes are offered for tactile input at the location of the molar dentition/molar gum region as follows:
- Present one Chewy Tube laterally into the mouth
- Touch the stem of the Chewy Tube to the cutting surface of the molar teeth/gum
- Help improve jaw stability and provide valuable sensory input into the jaw through biting on a Chewy Tube
Chewy Tubes should always be used with supervision. Assessment of the jaw is recommended prior to biting on Chewy Tubes. Patients should follow the recommendations of their therapist or caregiver when using Chewy Tubes.
Express Delivery (in selected areas) : within 24 hours