Chewy Tubes are innovative oral motor devices designed to provide a resilient, non-food, chewable surface for practicing biting and chewing skills. Chewy Tubes have been designed to be used with the new Jaw Rehabilitation Program, a patented methodology offered by Speech Pathology Associates, LLC to develop jaw motion for biting and chewing skills.
- The twin pack of P’s and Q’s offers two oral exercisers for practicing biting and chewing skills! P’s and Q’s are made of the same FDA compliant material as all the Chewy Tubes products. They offer a safe, non-toxic durable surface for biting and chewing activities. In addition, they are lead free and latex free, and do not contain PVC or phthalates.
- P’s and Q’s are solid rather than tubular and offer a firmer surface for biting than the red or yellow Chewy Tubes. Young children enjoy grasping the P with their newly developing fine motor skills. The bitable stem of the P reaches back into the molar area providing valuable proprioceptive input into the TMJ during biting.
- Babies enjoy exploring the little stem on the Q with their tongue. At about 6 months when lateral biting begins to develop, the child will swing that little stem over to the side of the jaw for more intense biting.
- For larger jaws, the circle portion of the Q offers a firm bitable surface for bilateral jaw closure activities.
- Therapists may select Chewy Tubes for use in treatment of individuals who are developing initial oral motor skills, or rehabilitating the jaw after surgery, trauma or stroke.
Children with autism require professional supervision when using Chewy Tubes.
NOTE: Chewy Tubes are not recommended for use with children under 7 months of age.
Chewy Tubes are offered for tactile input at the location of the molar dentition/molar gum region as follows:
- Present one Chewy Tube laterally into the mouth
- Touch the stem of the Chewy Tube to the cutting surface of the molar teeth/gum
- Help improve jaw stability and provide valuable sensory input into the jaw through biting on a Chewy Tube
Chewy Tubes should always be used with supervision. Assessment of the jaw is recommended prior to biting on Chewy Tubes. Patients should follow the recommendations of their therapist or caregiver when using Chewy Tubes.
Express Delivery (in selected areas) : within 24 hours